Amir S. Iliescu practices corporate and commercial law and has diverse Israeli, New York and cross-border transactional and corporate counseling experience. Mr. Iliescu is a recognized leader in the field of Life Sciences (Who’s Who Legal 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) and has particular experience (which has been repeatedly noted by Legal 500) in counseling clients through their private or public Mergers & Acquisitions or public offerings on TASE, NASDAQ or NYSE.
Mr. Iliescu is a leading expert on complex licensing and technology matters with a particular emphasis on life sciences, pharma, biotechnology and cyber-technology. As an alumnus of Israeli military intelligence, Mr. Iliescu is well positioned to advise cyber companies on all legal and commercial aspects of their business and his many years of advising on life science related licensing and technology commercialization matters both for and against big pharma companies or other blue-chip corporations are brought to bear in advising clients which currently include The Technion – Israel Institute of Technology and Mor Research Applications Ltd., (the technology transfer unit of Israel’s biggest HMO) in their technology commercialization and corporate matters.
In addition, Mr. Iliescu is an experienced M&A, venture capital, securities and licensing attorney and has extensive experience in counseling venture capital funds, emerging growth companies, academic institutions and public companies across a broad spectrum of industries, including energy, electronics, telecommunications, internet and life science companies, in numerous venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions, financings, recapitalizations and corporate governance matters as well as with respect to commercial and licensing matters.
Prior to joining Shibolet & Co., Mr. Iliescu practiced law for a number of years with the Private Equity practice group in the New York office of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
Mr. Iliescu is a partner in the firm’s High-Tech and Venture Capital practice, which is consistently ranked as Tier One by Legal 500.
- Top-Tier, Hi-Tech, start-ups and venture capital – Legal 500
- “Amir Iliescu gets the deal done”– Legal 500
- Mr. Iliescu’s counseling on mergers and acquisitions has been praised as “focused and committed” – Legal 500
- Recognized as one of Israel’s Leading practitioners in the field of life sciences – Who’s Who Legal: Life Sciences 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Israel Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Mr. Iliescu is a frequent speaker on corporate, venture capital, strategy and game theory and other matters.
- Mr. Iliescu has lectured on matters of corporate governance and non-profit organizations at the Israeli Center of Management.
- Mr. Iliescu has also served as research and teaching assistant for Prof. S.G. Shoham and as research assistant for Prof. Lederman at the Tel Aviv University where Mr. Iliescu was a member of the Law Review.
- Mr. Iliescu is a guest lecturer on negotiation strategies at the faculty of law, Bar Ilan University and on matters of venture capital before members of the American Bar Association.