Gil heads Shibolet & Co.’s Antitrust and Competition practice, with considerable expertise in undertaking antitrust law checks in over 100 countries worldwide, as well as in obtaining applications to the national antitrust authorities, via local counsel, in order to obtain the necessary approvals.
Gil specializes in all aspects of antitrust, competition, regulatory and trade, including merger control, franchises, licensing and distribution, and restrictive practices. He also represents both monopolies and companies engaged in M&A or joint ventures, and regularly submits merger applications and/or requests for exemption from restrictive practices to the Israel Antitrust Authority, on their behalf.
Gil is an expert on regulatory issues and anti-trust.
Gil also has significant experience in general corporate law, M&A, securities law, public tenders, telecommunications, regulatory, foreign investments and private placements.
Gil represents clients across a broad range of industry sectors, such as food, beverage, dairy, accountancy firms, retail, media, high-tech, telecommunications and government. He regularly advises foreign clients on the Israeli antitrust aspects of cross-border transactions.
- ‘Leading individual Hall of Fame’- Legal 500
- ‘Leading individual’ in the field of competition & antitrust – Chambers 500
- Gil Rosenberg is listed as a ‘leading individual’ in the field of competition & antitrust – Legal 500
- Practice head Gil Rosenberg has in-depth knowledge and practical expertise and produces comprehensive and effective guidance” – Legal 500
- “Shibolet & Co, ‘gives consistently outstanding service in all aspects’, and has ‘a profound understanding of the industry’” – Legal 500
- “Gil Rosenberg is ‘not only a professional and skilled attorney, but a knowledgeable and creative thinker’” – Legal 500
- “Gil Rosenberg has ‘excellent legal and scholastic skills”- Legal 500
- “Fast, pragmatic and useful advice, ’while ‘his vast and comprehensive legal knowledge provides him with a holistic point of view.’ He is also said to display ‘talent, proven experience and good interpersonal skills.’” – Legal 500
- Represented the Netherlands-based dairy companies, Campina B.V. and Friesland Foods N.V. with respect to the Israeli antitrust aspects of a merger transaction between their entities;
- Represented Infineon Technologies AG on the Israeli antirust law aspects of a USD1.4 billion cash transaction in which Intel acquired Infineon’s wireless solutions business, the second largest producer of chips in Europe;
- Represented Ceragon Networks Ltd (NASDAQ) in the acquisition of Norwegian company, Nera Networks, involving antitrust checks in almost 100 countries and applications to the national antitrust authorities, via local counsel, in order to obtain the necessary approvals;
- Represented Internet Zahav Golden Lines Ltd., of the Eurocom Group, with respect to obtaining the Antitrust Authority’s approval for an US$ 140M M&A transaction in which it purchased its competitor: 012 Golden Lines;
- Obtained the approval of the Antitrust Authority for the acquisition of 23% of the shares of Space Communications Ltd., operator of the Amos Satellites, by Eurocom Communications Ltd;
- Obtained the approval of the Antitrust Authority for the acquisition of the telecommunication division of Synergy Cables Ltd, one of the largest producers of cable products and subsidiary of the Alpine Group Inc., by Teldor Cables Ltd;
- Represented SAP AG with respect to the submission of a merger application to the Antitrust Authority relating to the acquisition of the “SAP Division” of Ness Technologies Ltd, exclusive distributor of SAP software in Israel.
- Represented Rakuto Kasei (Israel) Ltd., with respect to obtaining the Israel Antitrust Authority’s merger approval for an M&A transaction in which Rakuto sold its import activity to the large distribution corporation, Diplomat Distributors (1968) Ltd.
Author of various articles in Israel’s largest financial newspapers, The Marker and Globes.
Israel Bar Association