Hillel heads Shibolet & Co.’s litigation practice, and is recognized as one of Israel’s highly-skilled and distinguished trial attorneys.
Hillel has served, for more than 10 years, as a member of the Joint Committee of the Israel Bar Association and the Israeli Supreme Court. He is also the present Chairman of the Israel Bar Association Court System Legislation Committee, and served three terms as a Judge in the Israel Bar Association Disciplinary National Board.
Hillel specializes in all areas of commercial and civil litigation, including class actions, arbitration and insolvency, including liquidations and receivership proceedings. He is an expert in mediation.
Hillel is an expert in insurance and has been advising insurance companies in Israel concerning a variety of issues
- Leading Individual, dispute resolution – Chamber Global
- “Hillel Ish-Shalom has a sharp legal mind’ and ‘brings creative solutions to diverse and complex problems’.” – Legal 500
- Highly recommended Leading Individual, dispute resolution – Legal 500
- Leading Individual, Litigation – PLC Which Lawyer?
- Representing, for over 10 years, the Bank of Israel and the Official Receiver as a liquidator, in legal proceedings derived from the collapse of the North America Bank which became insolvent due to the embezzlement by the managers of the bank. The bank’s collapse led to dozens of claims from its customers, as well as liquidation proceedings, in a total amount in excess of NIS hundreds of millions;
- Representing the largest telecommunication company in Israel (BEZEQ) in a dispute against an American software company regarding a computerization project, which involved a claim and a counterclaim, in a total amount of US$ 100M;
- Representing in a defence against environmental claims, in a total amount in excess of NIS 120M, in which the plaintiff alleged that radiation from Radio Broadcasting antennae caused people living and working in that area to suffer from cancer and other illnesses, as well as damage to agriculture;
- Representing an American company and associated individuals, in a claim in excess of NIS 100M, in which it was alleged that the parties had participated in defrauding an investment centre in Israel. International jurisdiction questions were submitted in this proceeding;
- Representing HSBC Bank, the creditor of more than NIS130M, in debt restructuring proceedings concerning IDB developments. A landmark case that gained wide publicity in the Israeli media.
- Served three terms as a Judge in the Israel Bar Association Disciplinary National Board;
- Past legal intern, inter alia in the Israeli Supreme Court, with the Deputy Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
- Assistant Lecturer for corporate and tax law courses at the Law Faculty of the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, and corporate law courses at the Tel Aviv University.
Board member, Mishpatim Law Review.
- Member of the Joint Committee of the Israel Bar Association and the Israeli Supreme Court;
- Present Chairman of the Israel Bar Association Court System Legislation Committee;
- Israel Bar Association.