Orit is the head of Shibolet & Co.’s Environment, Cleantech and Climate change practice. She combines her scientific, business and legal background, with an extensive global network of scientists and consultants in the cleantech and environment fields, to help her clients reach their commercial objectives.
Orit is an expert in all legal aspects of renewable energy projects (photovoltaic solar energy, wind, biogas, saving energy etc.), and in the development of global-wide projects, mainly in Africa, and in assessing risks. She is also a highly skilled mediator.
Orit regularly represents leading developers, investors, cleantech funds, entrepreneurs and other clients before the Ministry of National Infrastructures, Energy and Water, the Public Utility Authority, the Israel Land Authority and other authorities.
Uniquely, Orit has unrivalled knowledge and experience of photovoltaic solar energy projects, and is recognized as Israel’s leading expert in this field.
In the Environmental fields, Orit represents both plaintiffs and defendants in environmental lawsuits of all types and before all Courts. She has particular expertise in alternative energy and cleantech disputes.
Orit also acts on behalf of clients, mainly from the Industry, in legal issues arising from the Israeli governmental and municipal authorities’ environmental requirements, including matters before the Ministry of Environmental Protection and other environmental authorities.
- Participated in the Yale World Fellows program, Yale University – a program for a select group of emerging leaders who have distinguished themselves in their profession, discipline, or geographic region
- Highly recommended, projects and energy – Legal 500
- Represented Israel’s leading solar developer in the development of a solar power plant;
- Represented the plaintiffs in a criminal complaint against a chemical manufacturer for air pollution and provided legal counselling in the mediation process;
- Represented both private and public companies in their purchases of solar systems and EPC contracts;
- Represented many environmental and energy technology companies, from start-up to raising funds, and advised on day-to-day activities;
- Represents many clients in environmental matters before the Ministry of Environmental Protection and other environmental authorities; mainly plaintiffs/industry to meet the environmental requirements and standards;
- Initiated the first direct foreign Investment by a Chinese company in Israeli renewable energy technology;
- Represented Global Sun Israel L.P. (Arava Power Company Ltd.) in the first financial closing in Israel of a medium-sized photovoltaic solar energy project, advising in all stages from inception to finish;
- Represented numerous environmental and energy technology companies, from start-up to raising funds and M&A activity, and provides ongoing advice on day-to-day legal matters;
- Represented a number of companies in bids for the establishment and operation of renewable energy facilities in local authorities;
- Represented Renewable Energy Ltd. (C.C) –Eilat-Eilot in an initiative to spearhead the green revolution in Israel through the creation of a Sun Valley in the southern Arava.
- A member of the Board of Directors of Rotem Industry Ltd;
- A member of the Committee on Mergers and Conglomerates, the Anti-Trust Authority of Israel;
- Former member of the Board of Directors of Adam Teva V’Din, the 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization, the Israel Union for Environmental Defense;
- Served as a fellow member of the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies – the Environmental Policy Research Department.
- Member of the Environmental Legislative Committee of the Israel Bar.
- Member of the Committee for Air Quality Standards Enforcement on vehicles.
- A fellow member of the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies – the environmental policy research department.
- Co-Founder of the Israeli Organization for Renewable Energy to advance governmental commitment and investment in the field.
- Member of a committee within the Ministry of National Infrastructures to advance cleantech investment, which resulted in draft legislation to promote the sector.
- A lecturer on environmental legislation at the Tel-Hai College, the biotechnology and environmental program.
- A lecturer on Mediation in Environmental matters for law students at the Rishon LeZion Administration College and the Natanya College, a Neve Zedek Mediation Center program.
Public Enforcement of Environmental Law, together with Dr. Alon Tal. The Jerusalem Institute Review for Environmental Policy, 2003.
Environmental Law – practice and court judgements in civil, criminal and administrative procedures / together with Idit Reiter. Published by Shibolet & Co Advocates and Notaries.
Upgrading Citizen Suits As a Tool for Environment in Israel: A comparative Evaluation together with Dr. Alon Tal. Israel Law Review. Vol. 34 (2000) p. 373-424.