Roy specializes in a broad range of complex and intricate litigation matters.
Roy specializes in all aspects of commercial and civil dispute resolution matters, including corporate, contract law, class actions, banking and finance, administrative and tenders law, intellectual property, insurance law and private international law. His practice covers both Israeli and foreign clients, and includes litigation of a multi-jurisdictional nature.
Roy has also extensive experience in all aspects of distribution and marketing, including the contractual aspects of distribution and related litigation.
Roy represents clients before courts of all judicial instances, as well as in arbitration and mediation proceedings.
“Roy Kubovsky has a sharp legal mind and brings creative solutions to diverse and complex problems” – Legal 500
- Representing an American company and associated individuals, in a claim , in which it was alleged that the parties had participated in defrauding an investment centre in Israel. This was a high profile multi-jurisdictional matter;
- Representing BEZEQ, Israel’s largest telecommunication company, in a dispute against a technology company concerning a communication project followed by a tender, which involved a claim and a counter claim;
- Representing a software company developing and manufacturing motion control and tuning solutions, in a dispute against a technology company concerning complex contractual and intellectual property issues, which involves four claims and counterclaims;
- Representing S. Schestowitz Ltd., one of Israel’s leading distribution companies, in various class actions filed against it relating to a wide variety of consumer issues;
- Representing Camtek Ltd. (NASDAQ, TASE: CAMT), an Israeli-based company engaged in providing automated optical inspection systems to semiconductors, on numerous Israeli legal aspects of a US$ 5M lawsuit against Orbotech Ltd (NASDAQ: ORBK), its main competitor. Orbotech filed a copyrights infringement lawsuit few days before Camtek had planned to have a public offering of shares on the NASDAQ. Such filing caused Camtek’s shares to drop and forced it to cancel its forthcoming stock issuing. The dispute was settled out of Court.
- Representing clients in complex administrative appeals with respect to high-value tenders of various governmental authorities;
- Representing Samsung Group in the renewal of a distribution franchise with Scailex Corporation (TASE: SCIX) in Israel for a period of seven years;
- Representing S. Schestowitz Ltd., one of the leading distribution companies in Israel, in various domestic and international distribution, licensing and marketing agreements (involving various jurisdictions).
- Authored an informative country-specific Q&A for The Legal500′s 2nd Edition Arbitration Comparative Guide
Israel Bar Association