Head of Commercial and M&A Department
Yaacov is a founding partner and Chair of Shibolet’s Management Committee. He is also co-chair of the firm’s M&A and private equity practices, and the co-chair of the China practice.
Yaacov has broad expertise in M&A, private equity, general corporate law, banking and finance, investment banking, venture capital and technology.
He is also well experienced in telecommunications, media, public tenders, privatization, foreign investments, private placements, private – international law, international trade, and highly complicated international and domestic ventures.
Yaacov is widely regarded as a pioneering legal expert in foreign business relations and international legal matters. He was the first lawyer in Israel to introduce the US compliance program concept to the Israeli business environment, and regularly assists foreign and domestic companies, and private individuals, in resolving their business and regulatory issues.
Leading Individual, M&A – Legal 500
Head of M&A and private equity practice groups at Terralex.
- Has been representing the World Bank and associated institutions, in conducting extensive due diligence at a large Israeli conglomerate with vast international involvement, which had requested substantial financing from the World Bank for extensive infrastructure projects in Africa;
- Represented Telecomitalia in a multi-million, multi-jurisdictional transaction in the telecommunications field, involving organizations from Israel, Italy, Cyprus, Ireland, The Netherlands and Luxembourg;
- Represented SAP with respect to a complex M&A, and on day-to-day commercial activities;
- Representing SAP on a major IP purchase in Israel;
- Represents Europe’s largest bank in respect of its banking & finance transactions with various customers and borrowers;
- Represents Siemens-Israel in respect of its complex banking & finance transactions;
- Represented the De Mont Group of Germany in its purchase of 25 percent of the Haaretz Newspaper Group, the third largest newspaper in Israel;
- Represented the US Inverness Group in the establishment of a joint enterprise with Procter & Gamble;
- Represented the Ronald Lauder group in its acquisition of shares in ”Channel 10″ Holdings, and acts as the group’s legal counsel in respect of other commercial activities in Israel;
- Represented the US Ronald Lauder group in a major disposition of assets transactions in Israel.
- Represents Samsung as its leading counsel in Israel;
- Represented Israel Chemicals, Israel Military Industries (IMI), Elbit and other leading companies in a variety of complex transactions.
- Served as a legal consultant to a special committee formed jointly by the late Prime Minister, Mr. Rabin, and the Minister of Industry and Commerce, with the purpose of recommending improvements in the Israeli Law of Encouragement of Capital Investment;
- A Board of Director and Vice-Chair Middle-East of Terralex.
- Co-founder and Chairman of the Ra’anana Symphonette Orchestra.
- Past president of the Israel-America Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the largest and most influential bi-national Chamber in Israel;
- Founding member and honorary legal counsel of the Israel-Egypt Chamber of Commerce;
- Co-author: Business, Laws & Structures in the Emerging New Middle East;
- Co-author: Business Laws and Economic Prospects in the Middle East and North Africa;
- Author of numerous professional articles on various law topics.
Frequent guest speaker at conferences and professional meetings on various legal topics.
Israel Bar Association, retired Co-Chairman Foreign Relations Committee
New York State Bar Association