Environment, Cleantech and Climate Change
During recent years there have been significant developments and changes in the field of environmental law, and particularly with respect to investments in Cleantech, which have impacted on almost all business activities in Israel and worldwide. In addition, the reporting requirements and officers' liability in connection with environmental issues have been significantly enhanced in recent years. These changes and developments necessitate increased legal assistance and counseling.
Shibolet established its environmental practice several years ago and provides legal services in this important field to investors in environmental technologies, entrepreneurs, funds, and corporations which encounter or may encounter issues and problems in the environmental field.
Adv. Orit Marom-Albeck is head of the Environment, Cleantech and Climate Change (EC&CC) practice at Shibolet & Co. Adv. Marom-Albeck, who holds a degree in Chemistry from Tel Aviv University, has been practicing environmental law for over a decade, handling the scientific and technological issues from a legal perspective. Adv. Marom-Albeck has practiced in both the public and private sectors. She has interacted with governmental authorities, both in litigation cases and as legal counsel in both domestic and international transactions, which has substantially contributed to the already significant experience and expertise Shibolet has acquired over the years in this field. In addition, Adv. Marom-Albeck teaches environmental law courses in academic institutions, has published articles in this field and together with our firm, co-authored a book which contains the major precedents in criminal, civil and administrative proceedings in the environmental field.
Furthermore, Adv. Marom-Albeck has special expertise in the Kyoto Protocol, Cleantech, Climate Change, "green" energy, and trading of emission reduction units. Adv. Marom-Albeck prepared a legal opinion for the Israeli Ministry of Environment regarding the establishment of a national body for the Clean Development Mechanism established under the Kyoto Protocol, and was actively involved in international commercial contracts in this field.
The Environment, Cleantech and Climate Change practice group at Shibolet & Co. primarily,provides the following services:
- Legal counseling to clients regarding the adoption and implementation of environmental corporate policy, including counseling vis-a-vis compliance with regulatory requirements and demands, identification of discrepancies and potential hazards, adopting requisite policies to comply with the regulatory requirements, providing appropriate tools with respect to officers’ liability, preparation of corporate compliance programs, counseling regarding reporting requirements and more;
- Legal counseling in transactions involving environmental issues, conduction of due diligence and drafting contracts in this field;
- Counseling with respect to the Kyoto Protocol, Cleantech, Climate Change, "green" energy, and trading of emission reduction units, including drafting of contracts on these issues.
- Legal counseling to investors, entrepreneurs, funds, and corporations in this field including in international transactions.
- Representing clients in disputes and crisis, including before authorities and judicial tribunals.