Amir S. Iliescu practices corporate and commercial law and has diverse Israeli, New York and cross-border transactional and corporate counseling experience.
Mr. Iliescu is a recognized M&A and venture capital lawyer with particular acknowledgements as a leader in the field of Life Sciences (Who’s Who Legal 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018). In addition, Mr. Iliescu’s experience in counseling clients through their private or public Mergers & Acquisitions or offerings on TASE, NASDAQ or NYSE has been repeatedly noted by Legal 500 and other rankings.
Mr. Iliescu is a leading expert on complex cross border M&A, financings, licensing and technology matters with a particular emphasis on life sciences, pharma, biotechnology EDtech, Military or Dual-Use technology and cyber-technology.
In addition, Mr. Iliescu is an experienced venture capital attorney and has extensive experience in counseling venture capital funds, emerging growth companies, academic institutions and public companies across a broad spectrum of industries, including energy, electronics, telecommunications, internet and life science companies, in numerous venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions, financings, recapitalizations and corporate governance matters as well as with respect to commercial and licensing matters.
Prior to joining Shibolet & Co., Mr. Iliescu practiced law for a number of years with the award winning M&A and Private Equity practice group in the New York office of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
Mr. Iliescu is a partner in the firm’s High-Tech and Venture Capital practice, which is consistently ranked as Tier One by Legal 500.
- Top-Tier, Hi-Tech, start-ups and venture capital (Legal 500)
- “Amir Iliescu gets the deal done” (Legal 500)
- Iliescu’s counseling on mergers and acquisitions has been praised as “focused and committed” (Legal 500)
- Recognized as one of Israel’s Leading practitioners in the field of life sciences (Who’s Who Legal: Life Sciences 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018)
- Iliescu has been noted in the Life Sciences field (Legal 500)
- Represented Gamefly Inc. in the sale of its cloud streaming business to EA (NASDAQ: EA).
- Represented Olive, Inc. in its merger with ESW Capital LLC.
- Represented (as Israeli counsel) CVC Capital in its investment in Israeli cybersecurity company Skybox Security as part of a $150 million financing round led by CVC Capital
- Represented the Technion in numerous strategic matters in connection with licensing and securities issues in connection with the commercialization of technology (including NASDAQ: ELOX and NASDAQ: MBOT).
- Represented the Israeli Technion in the fund formation and portfolio execution of its accelerator program – the Drive.
- Represented the “Dock”, an accelerator in the field of maritime technology in its fund formation and portfolio execution.
- Israel Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Academic Activities & Speaking Engagements
- Iliescu is a frequent speaker on corporate, venture capital, strategy and game theory and other matters.
- Iliescu has lectured on matters of corporate governance and non-profit organizations at the Israeli Center of Management.
- Iliescu has also served as research and teaching assistant for Prof. S.G. Shoham and as research assistant for Prof. Lederman at the Tel Aviv University where Mr. Iliescu was a member of the Law Review.
- Iliescu is a frequent guest lecturer on negotiation strategies at the faculty of law, Bar Ilan University and on matters of venture capital before members of the American Bar Association.
- Mr. Iliescu is counsel on Shibolet’s behalf to the PIE Challenge – a national challenge in Israel to promote personalized learning solutions in high school math classrooms https://piechallenge.org.il/שותפים/