Partner Benny Kalifi is Head of Tax Department
A dual-qualified accountant and lawyer, Benny is co-head of Shibolet & Co.’s Tax practice, with particular expertise in international tax planning and international tax consulting.
Benny specializes in all aspects of domestic and international income tax, VAT and real estate taxation, legal tax opinion, pre-ruling approvals and tax assessments procedures. He is also regarded as a leading attorney in tax litigation and appears before all relevant Courts.
- Leading Individual, Tax – Legal 500
- Recommended Individual, Tax – PLC Which Lawyer?
- Leading Individual, Tax – Chambers Global
- Represented M+W Zander Israel Ltd., before the Israel Tax Authority in proceedings concerning the
corporation’s projects in Israel, valued at over USD 1 billion;
- Represented a multi-billion dollar European Corporation in relation to tax issues concerning the corporation’s projects in Israel;
- Represents PCB Technologies Ltd., in relation to all its tax matters.
Academic activities: Lecturer, Business and Administrative Faculty, and Accounting Department, Tel Aviv University.
- Editor and Founder, Mas Fax – Israel’s first weekly newsletter on tax law, reporting on all legislative reforms and changes, as well as tax litigation cases;
- Editor, Israeli Bar Association tax newsletter;
- Author of scientific and journalistic publications on professional subjects;
- Co-Author, Tax Reform Israel (2003).
- Vice Chairman, Israel Bar Association Tax Committee
- Israel Bar Association.