Partner Galit Ofer is the head of Environmental Law Practice. Galit provides legal representation of factories vis-à-vis regulators or prosecutors and management of environmental crises. Galit also represents authorities and residents in civil and administrative claims concerning air and land pollution. Galit conducts compliance audits and enforcement programs in the fields of environment and safety to factories and companies. She also has vast experience in conducting environmental due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, investments, financing, equity or debt rounds, and legal consulting regarding environmental issues in such transactions.
Galit serves as a commercial and corporate consultant in the hi-tech, cleantech, energy and infrastructure fields.
Before joining Shibolet & Co., Galit served as Director of the Environmental Justice Clinic at Tel Aviv University, and of the Environmental Practice and Policy Clinic at Bar-Ilan University. At each academic institution, Galit represented public petitioners, wrote and promoted bills in the Knesset, and conducted academic research on issues of environmental justice, public participation, transportation and hazardous materials.
- Represented the Hevel Eilot Regional Council regarding the pollution of oil in the Arava; filed a precedent lawsuit against EAPC over environmental damage.
- Conducted environmental due diligence during the process of privatizing IMI.
- Represented industrial companies in their negotiation with government and local authorities regarding toxins permit, business license, emission permit including hearings and litigation procedures.
- Conducted compliance audits to hi tech, bio med, cleantech and industryial companies in the fields of environment, health and safety regulations.
- Represented cleantech companies in equity rounds from foreign investors and international funds.
- Galit Ofer and Oren Perez – “Public Participation in the Clean Air Law: Reality, Vision or Fiction?” Laws (Hebrew University) Volume 7 November, 2015
- Gabi Lasky and Galit Ofer – Environmental Democracy Index 2015 – National Reviewers of Israel’s report.
- Galit Ofer and Oren Perez – Review of Israeli Environmental Law for the years 2011-2013 – Writing a chapter in Yearbook of International Environmental Law Oxford Journal.
- Bustanai, Davidovich -“Regulation in the field of bus transportation” (Position Paper of the Environmental Justice Clinic Tel Aviv University, under the direction of Adv. Galit Ofer and Prof. Rosen-Zvi)
Public and Social Activity
- 2015 – Today – Member of the Board of Directors of the 15 Minutes Association – Israel Public Transport Consumers Association
- 2013 – 2012 – Member of the Green Campus Council, Bar-Ilan University.
- 2011 – 2002 – Voluntary representation in cases (labor law and national insurance) in the pro-bono project of the Israel Bar Association.