Partner Miri Bickel is the head of Shibolet & Co.’s Tax Department
A dual-qualified accountant and lawyer, Miri co-heads Shibolet & Co.’s Tax practice, with particular expertise in international tax planning and transactions, including the formation of companies worldwide, and international taxation of venture capital funds.
Miri has extensive experience in all tax aspects relating to complex cross-border M&A, corporate restructurings, financing, public offerings, employee stock option plans, hi-tech companies and their employees, underwritings, executive interests and many other financial instruments. She is also recognized as a leading attorney in both civil and criminal tax litigation (income tax, land tax and V.A.T.), and regularly appears before the Appellate-level Courts.
Miri has vast experience in liaising with Tax Authorities in Israel and abroad, including assessment officers, Income Tax Commissioner, Betterment tax (Mas Shevach), Customs and V.A.T., regional V.A.T. bureaus and income tax investigations.
- Leading Individual, Tax – Chambers Global
- “A lawyer whose relationships and knowledge of tax law are invaluable in obtaining favorable rulings and audit determinations that result in significant tax savings.” – Legal 500
- “Shibolet & Co built a strong reputation in the market through her activity in international tax planning matters and transactions” – Chambers Global
- Represented North Bridge Venture Partners in obtaining a complex ruling agreement in respect to its investment in portfolio companies in Israel;
- Represented Trendlines Group before the Israel Tax Authority, obtaining a favorable tax ruling concerning the tax rate on its investments in Israel;
- Represented Malca Amit Group in a variety of multi-million NIS international transactions;
- Represented Alice Lab Ventures Capital, a leading European venture capital fund, before the Israel Tax Authority, obtaining a favorable complex tax ruling agreement relating to the ownership structure of its portfolio company;
- Represented Azini 2 LLP (Azini Capital Partners LLP) before the Israel Tax Authority, obtaining two favorable rulings relating to the tax rate on its investment in portfolio companies in Israel.
Author and editor, law journal for Finance College, and author of scientific and legal publications on a variety of professional subjects.
Israel Bar Association