Galit Ofer is head of the Environment and Sustainability Practice at Shibolet. Galit provides legal representation to factories vis-à-vis regulators or prosecutors and management of environmental crises.
Galit also represents authorities and residents in civil and administrative claims concerning air and land pollution. Galit conducts compliance audits and enforcement programs in the fields of environment and safety to factories and companies. She also has vast experience in conducting environmental due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, investments, financing, equity or debt rounds, and legal consulting regarding environmental issues in such transactions.
Galit serves as a commercial and corporate consultant in the hi-tech, cleantech, energy and infrastructure fields. Before joining Shibolet & Co., Galit served as Director of the Environmental Justice Clinic at Tel Aviv University, and of the Environmental Practice and Policy Clinic at Bar-Ilan University. At each academic institution, Galit represented public petitioners, wrote and promoted bills in the Knesset, and conducted academic research on issues of environmental justice, public participation, transportation and hazardous materials.
- Galit Ofer and Oren Perez, “Public Participation in the Clean Air Law: Reality, Vision or Fiction?” Laws (Hebrew University) Volume 7 November 2015
- Gabi Lasky and Galit Ofer, Environmental Democracy Index 2015 – National Reviewers of Israel’s report.
- Galit Ofer and Oren Perez, Review of Israeli Environmental Law for the years 2011-2013, Writing a chapter in Yearbook of International Environmental Law Oxford Journal.
- Bustanai, Davidovich, “Regulation in the field of bus transportation” (Position Paper of the Environmental Justice Clinic Tel Aviv University, under the direction of Adv. Galit Ofer and Prof. Rosen-Zvi)
- Spotlight, Environment, Chambers Global
“Galit has a good international point of view. She is very familiar with EU regulation.”– Chambers Global
Did you know
- Galit is an avid music lover and frequents music festivals whenever possible.
- Galit writes a regular blog in the field of environmental quality.