Gil leads Shibolet’s Antitrust and Competition practice. Gil is known as an expert in the field and is regularly ranked in the prestigious international ranking guide Legal 500 as one of the leading lawyers in competition and antitrust in Israel.
Gil practices a wide range of activities, including regarding obtaining the Commissioner of Competition’s approval for local and international merger and acquisition transactions; Accompanying due diligence procedures in antitrust aspects; Accompanying the establishment of joint ventures by competitors; Advising monopoly owners, concentration groups and business associations regarding their daily activity; Examining franchise, distribution and agency agreements in antitrust aspects; As well as accompanying litigation proceedings relating to the field of antitrust and competition.
Gil has extensive experience and knowledge that relates to the Promotion of Competition in the Food Sector in Israel law and Israel’s Law for Promotion of Competition and Reduction of Concentration, and other legislation related to fields of antitrust, competition and regulation in general.
Gil’s clients include leading Israeli and international companies across a broad range of industry sectors, including companies of food and beverage, retail, industry, banking and finance, communications, pharma, high-tech, energy, public organizations and government companies.
Gil regularly advises clients on implementing internal antitrust compliance programs. Gil also has extensive and varied experience in tenders law, regulation, mergers and acquisitions, securities law and corporate law.
Did you know
- Gil lectures at forums and partakes in assorted panels hosted by, amongst others, Bar-Ilan University at the behest of Professor Adi Eyal, a leading academic in the area of antitrust and competition, and at the Heth Academic Center for Research of Competition and Regulation at the request of the center’s director, Justice (Ret.) Iris Soroker, Ph.D.
- Gil is a tennis fan, likes swimming and enjoys reading or watching good movies.
- Leading individual, competition & antitrust – Hall of Fame, Legal 500
- “Gil Rosenberg is a knowledgeable, smart and a pleasant partner to work with, with a deep knowledge of antitrust as well as adjacent legal areas (such as procurement and tender law), which helps him deliver holistic, legally robust and practical solutions.”, Legal 500
- “Gil Rosenberg is not only a professional and skilled attorney, but a knowledgeable and creative thinker”, Legal 500
- “Gil Rosenberg has excellent legal and scholastic skills”, Legal 500
- “Fast, pragmatic and useful advice, while ‘his vast and comprehensive legal knowledge provides him with a holistic point of view'”. He was also decribed as displaying ‘talent, proven experience and good interpersonal skills’, Legal 500
- “Gil Rosenberg is very much in tune to the needs of my company, will make introductions to potential investors, deals etc, and is always extremely professional”, Legal 500