Alon is the head of Shibolet’s Banking & Project Finance practice groups.
Alon has practiced as both an Israeli and U.S. banking and project finance lawyer, thus bringing extensive local and international knowledge and experience to the team.
For a decade, before joining Shibolet, Alon worked as a senior banking and project finance attorney in leading global law firms in New York City, advising top international companies and financiers on a variety of sophisticated, high-profile, multi-billion USD transactions. This, together with his extensive ties to global players in the finance and project development world, enables him to offer clients unique legal knowledge and skills.
Alon currently represents both lenders, sponsors and borrowers in all major financing transactions, including complex cross-border financing in a large variety of industries. Alon also advises developers, sponsors and financiers on Israel’s largest, most prominent project finance deals, in all infrastructure sectors including power generation, desalination, transportation, defense and oil & gas.
Did you know
- Alon is a sports addict, always challenging his limits.
- Alon is also an avid history fan and in his spare time, you would likely find him listening to “Genesis”, or catching a Liverpool or Maccabi Tel Aviv football game.
- Prior to joining the firm, Alon practiced law with the New York offices of Latham & Watkins LLP, and Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP for a number of years.
- Leading Individual, Banking & Project Finance , Chambers Global
- “Alon is a key figure in the team ,he has extensive experience in the development of energy infrastructure and advises a number of Israeli institutional investors on cross-border energy investments”, Legal 500
- “ Alon Ziv, who is a standout figure in the project finance space and is particularly active in the energy sector”, Legal 500
- “Alon Ziv is particularly active in the project finance, infrastructure and tech sectors — for lenders and borrowers”, Legal 500