Joseph is the co-head of the Dispute Resolution and Litigation practice and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Joseph has gained over 30 years’ experience in complex litigation and arbitration cases before all courts and tribunals, including international commercial disputes involving foreign tribunals, class actions, white collar and competition law cases. As part of his international practice, Joseph provides both local and international clients international litigation monitoring services, in the framework of which Joseph and his team administer and supervise foreign counsels in different jurisdictions.
Joseph has further accumulated vast experience in Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Banking cases. Amongst Joseph’s clients are many of Israel’s leading enterprises, financial institutions and governmental companies, as well as major foreign corporations. Moreover, Joseph has gained outstanding experience as an arbitrator and mediator, and has been settling disputes both voluntary and as a court’s appointed arbitrator or mediator for many years.
Did you know
- As part of his reserve military duty, Joseph serves as a Lieutenant Colonel (res.) in the IDF Military Defense Counsel Division, where he has been involved in some of the most prominent cases involving Israeli soldiers and officers.
- Joseph serves as a member of the Joint Committee of the Ministry of Justice, Courts Administration and the Israeli Bar Association dealing with the reform of the Civil Procedure Regulations.
- In 2016, Joseph was appointed as the Israeli Bar Association Courts Committee’s Co-chairman.
- Joseph has been highly ranked, in both Restructuring & Insolvency Practice and Dispute Resolution, Chambers Global
- Key Figure, Restructuring & Insolvency, Legal 500
- Key Figure, Dispute Resolution: Class Actions (Including Derivative Actions), Legal 500
- “Clients comment that Joseph Benkel is “driven to get the best results for the client” and appreciate his “very original thoughts.” His experience includes international arbitration, as well as various domestic litigious disputes with noted proficiency handling work related to bankruptcy”, Chamber Global
- Litigation outside the court, Jerusalem University law school, 2019.
- Litigation as a tool for crises management, ACC 2019 annual conference