Ofer has over 20 years’ experience in commercial litigation and is widely regarded as one of Israel’s leading trial attorneys.
Ofer represents Israeli and foreign clients in highly complex matters before all levels of the civil court system, including the Supreme Court in both its capacity as an Appellate Court and the High Court of Justice, as well as Administrative Courts and Arbitration Boards.
Ofer has particular expertise in cross-border disputes and in litigation involving banking and finance, securities law, insurance, insolvency, corporate (including take-over offers), real estate, employment, intellectual property, corporate governance and conflicts between manufacturers and distributors, as well as vast range of disputes.
- “He is extremely thorough and has a phenomenal mind. He knows how to command a room, and when he talks, people listen.” – Chambers Global
- “Ofer Shapira has a great deal of experience in commercial disputes, regularly handling complex matters before various courts and arbitration boards.” – Chambers Global
- Leading Individual, dispute resolution – Legal 500
- Leading Individual, dispute resolution – Chamber Global
- Representing a New York-based fund in a contractual dispute in The Central District Court, which awarded our client the sum of nearly US$ 23M, and representing the client in an appeal and a counter-appeal regarding the judgment to the Supreme Court;
- Representing an Israeli public company manufacturing raw material for rubber and plastic in overal legal proceedings, including arbitration proceedings related to enforcement of a sale and asset agreement;
- Representing an Israeli subsidiary of UK-based FTSE 250 company in an intellectual property case, and in a contractual dispute regarding the payment of royalties to the State of Israel for sales of products;
- Counsel to an Israeli-based private company engaged in financing, discounting, clearing and management of credit-card vouchers, inter alia in employment litigation;
- Represented an Israeli dual-listed (NASDAQ and TASE) company in numerous Israeli legal aspects of a US$ 5M copyright infringement lawsuit against a US public company, its main competitor. The dispute was settled out of Court;
- Represented an Israeli public company in a hostile NIS 160M takeover offer of an Israeli public real estate company. The Tel Aviv District Court did not approve the offer;
- Represented the US investors in a residential hotel and commercial complex of nearly 54,000 square meters, in proceedings against the ILA (Israel Land Administration). The dispute was settled out of Court;
- Representing a client in legal proceedings, including in the Supreme Court, in a landmark court ruling which set the issue of borders of jurisdiction of the Civil Court versus the Labor Court;
- Representing a client in legal proceedings, including in the Supreme Court, where a landmark court ruling was given which sets the matter of the jurisdiction of an arbitrator versus the jurisdiction of a Civil Court.
Israel Bar Association