Partner Joseph Benkel, member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Joseph is a leading partner in the Litigation & Arbitration practice. Joseph has gained over 30 years’ experience in complex litigation and arbitration cases before all courts and tribunals, including international commercial disputes involving foreign tribunals, class action, white collar and competition law cases. As part of his international practice, Joseph provides both local and international clients international litigation monitoring services, in the framework of which Joseph and his team administer and supervise foreign counsels in different jurisdictions.
Joseph has further accumulated vast experience in Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Banking cases and he was recently appointed as Trustee in Bankruptcy in the largest bankruptcy ever known in Israel (estimated debts of app. 1.2 billion USD).
Amongst Joseph’s clients are many of Israel’s leading enterprises, financial institutions and governmental companies, as well as major foreign corporations doing business in Israel and he represents Israeli companies and Israeli controlled corporations in local and international litigation and arbitration disputes.
Moreover, Joseph has gained an outstanding reputation and experience as an arbitrator and mediator, and has been settling disputes both voluntary and as a court’s appointed arbitrator or mediator for many years.
As part of his reserve military service, Joseph serves as a Lieutenant Colonel (res.) in the IDF Military Defense Counsel Division, and was involved in some of the most prominent cases involving Israeli soldiers.
- Joseph joined Shibolet & Co. as a lead partner , as part of the merger of the former law firm of Raved, Magriso, Benkel & Co., Advocates & Notaries.
- Joseph was appointed as Trustee in Bankruptcy of Mr. Eliezer Fishman
- Joseph serves as a member of the Joint Committee of the Ministry of Justice , Courts Administration and the Israeli Bar Association dealing with the reform of the Civil Procedure Regulations.
- In 2016, Joseph was appointed as the Israeli Bar Association Courts Committee’s Co-chairman.
Joseph is one of the foremost litigators in Israel, and is personally recognized as a Leader in his Field by Chambers & Partners;
- Israel Bar Association
- International Bar Association