Amir is a partner in the firm’s High-Tech and Venture Capital practice.
Amir is an experienced M&A, venture capital, securities, and licensing attorney and has extensive experience in counseling venture capital funds, emerging growth companies, academic institutions, and public companies across a broad spectrum of industries, including energy, electronics, telecommunications, internet, and life science companies, in numerous venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions, financings, recapitalizations, and corporate governance matters as well as with respect to commercial and licensing matters.
In addition, Amir is a leading expert on complex licensing and technology matters with a particular emphasis on life sciences, pharma, biotechnology, and cyber-technology. As a veteran of Israeli military intelligence, Amir is well-positioned to advise cyber companies on all legal and commercial aspects of their business. Prior to joining Shibolet & Co., Amir practiced law for a number of years with the Private Equity practice group in the New York office of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
Did you Know
Just as in his professional experience, Amir has not shied away from thrilling challenges, so too, in his personal time, Amir also pursues exciting hobbies, such as wind surfing, diving, and motorcycling.
- Key figures, cross-border M&A, Legal 500
- “Amir Iliescu gets the deal done” and his counseling on mergers and acquisitions has been praised as “focused and committed”, Legal 500
- “A key name for life sciences work”, Legal 500
- Leading practitioners in the field of life sciences, who’s who Legal: Life Sciences
- Amir is a frequent speaker on corporate, venture capital, strategy and game theory, and other matters. He has lectured on matters of corporate governance and non-profit organizations at the Israeli Center of Management.
- He has also served as a research and teaching assistant for Prof. S.G. Shoham and as a research assistant for Prof. Lederman at Tel Aviv University where Amir was a member of the Law Review.
- He is a frequent guest lecturer on negotiation strategies at Bar-Ilan University’s faculty of law and on matters of venture capital before members of the American Bar Association.