Orit is a partner at Shibolet’s Infrastructure, Project Finance, Environment and Cleantech practice.
Orit combines her scientific, business and legal background, with an extensive global network of scientists and consultants in the cleantech and environment fields, to help her clients reach their commercial objectives.
Orit is an expert in all legal aspects of renewable energy projects (photovoltaic solar energy, wind, biogas, saving energy, pump-storage, etc.), and in the development of global-wide projects, mainly in Africa, and in assessing risks. She also represents Investors, start-up companies and funds.
Orit regularly represents leading developers, investors, cleantech funds, entrepreneurs and other clients before the Ministry of National Infrastructures, Energy and Water, the Public Utility Authority, the Israel Land Authority and other authorities.
Orit has unique, unrivalled knowledge and experience of photovoltaic solar energy projects, and is recognized as Israel’s leading expert in this field.
Orit represents both plaintiffs and defendants in all types of environmental lawsuits and before all Courts. She has particular expertise in alternative energy and cleantech disputes and is also a highly skilled mediator.
Orit also acts on behalf of clients, mainly from the Industry, in legal issues arising from Israeli governmental and municipal authorities’ environmental requirements, including matters before the Ministry of Environmental Protection and other environmental authorities.
Did you know
Orit enjoys riding waves all over the world.
- Participated in the Yale World Fellows program, at Yale University – a program for a select group of emerging leaders who have distinguished themselves in their profession, discipline, or geographic region.
- Highly recommended, projects and energy, Legal 500
- Public Enforcement of Environmental Law, together with Dr. Alon Tal. The Jerusalem Institute Review for Environmental Policy, 2003.
- Environmental Law – practice and court judgements in civil, criminal and administrative procedures, together with Idit Reiter. Published by Shibolet& Co Advocates and Notaries.
- Upgrading Citizen Suits As a Tool for Environment in Israel: A comparative Evaluation together with Dr. Alon Tal. Israel Law Review. Vol. 34 (2000) p. 373-424.
- A member of the Board of Director of Direct Finance.
- A member of the Board of Directors of Rotem Industry Ltd;
- A member of the Committee on Mergers and Conglomerates, the Anti-Trust Authority of Israel;