Yuval is a renowned expert in Communication and Technology law. He is also a senior lecturer and researcher in communication, society and law, and a crisis management consultant for both private and corporate clients, as well as a certified mediator.
Yuval’s practice focuses on internet law, copyright, freedom of speech and crises communications. He also has extensive experience Intellectual Property, computer law, e-commerce, slander, privacy law, advertising and marketing regulations, licensing and tenders. He advises clients across the entire sector, from artists to regulators.
- Represented many high-tech companies in legal communications and media consulting;
- Consulted and advised production, television and internet companies;
- Represented investment companies who invested in communication infrastructure and content;
- Represented and advised advertisers in matters related to regulations and media outlets;
- Represented artists and talents in the fields of culture and communication;
- Represented public organizations that support documentary cinema and preserving archives.
- Legislation and justice advisor to the Minister of Communication and to the Minister of Police;
- Legal advisor to the Second Authority of Broadcasting, VP and partner in the foundation of the organization;
- Chairman of the Ethics Committee for the Second Authority for Broadcasting;
- Member of the legislation committee for IP and patents in the Justice Department;
- Board of Directors’ member for Bezeq, Israel’s telecommunication company.
Founder and partner of the Movement for Freedom of Information.
- Senior lecturer at the IDC School of Communication, teaching and researching, among other courses: ethics in communication, politics and communication, communication and law, communication law, computers and internet.
- Senior lecturer and joint director of the School of Law and Communication, College of Management.
- Author: Breach of Trust in Corporations – Civil and Criminal Law, (2001)
- Author: The Laws of the Commercial Media, (2003)
- Regular guest speaker at industry conferences worldwide, and publisher of numerous articles, for example:-
- Spam in The Holy Land: Can and Should a Tiny Country Tackle a Global Problem? Virginia Journal of Law & Technology Vol. 11 No. 6
- Broadcasting in Israel – Freedom of Broadcasting, Competition and Regulation
- Privacy vs. Fame: The loss of Privacy in TV Shows in Israel, (with Dr. Amit Dinur), 7th Annual Convention of the Media Ecolocy Association, Boston
- Entertainment and Stereotypes – The Portrayal of the Israeli Arab Conflict on Israeli Reality shows, Cammro conference, London
- Copyright – Ancient law, New Technology, IDC Herzliya Conference on Exploring the Boundaries of IP Law, 2007
- Actual Law in Virtual Worlds, IAMCR International Conference on Media and Global Divides, Stockholm, 2008
- Virtual Worlds as a Public Sphere, in Virtual Worlds and Interpretive Communities: Opportunities for Global Dialogue, University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Chairman of the Science and Technology Committee for the Israel Bar Association
- Member Israel Communication Association
- Member International Communication Association